Well hey there amigo, I humbly want to say thanks for stoppin by and takin interest in what this girl is doing! While you read, Keep in mind that the ideas and thoughts expressed in this thing are mine and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Peace Corps or the United States government...blah blah blah...go read!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

11 things to get excited about in 2010

1. I am teaching the 8th graders again this year, meaning I already have all lesson plans and curriculum prepared from last year and can actually improve! Plus, I don't have to deal with the older boys in upper classes, most of whom are my age and sometimes older which makes it weird.
2. We are in the new school! This year we no longer have to walk 2 miles alllllll the way out of town in the blazing sun to the tin shacks by the cashew factory. Instead, we walk 3 minutes to a beautiful school that has a beautiful breeze and view of the Indian ocean.
3. The new school has a door that actually shuts on every classroom--does great things for classroom management.
4. The new school has bathrooms!!! No longer have to hold it or run into the field behind the cashew factory!
5. The new school has nice chalkboards!
6. The new school has electrical outlets, so maybe I can use a computer and show the students stuff!
7. So far, I only have about 80 kids per class--half of my numbers from last year!
8. Everyone seems really excited about learning this year. We actually started classes just a few days late and we're still going!
9. I am now in charge of the bio department. Don't know what that means, but it sounds great and I'm excited to see what I can do.
10. Margarida, a new health volunteer has joined the team in Angoche. She is so sweet, wonderful, and willing to help with our REDES group (girls empowerment group).
11. I get to help this year with REDES national conferences and we're revamping the program.

Well those are just a few things...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment