Well hey there amigo, I humbly want to say thanks for stoppin by and takin interest in what this girl is doing! While you read, Keep in mind that the ideas and thoughts expressed in this thing are mine and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Peace Corps or the United States government...blah blah blah...go read!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Robert Hooke

That's right folks...the one and only Robert Hooke came all the way to Angoche to teach my kids about cells. After all, he is famous for discovering the cell in 1665. I am going to miss how easy it is to get students excited about whatever. Dumb hat+paper moustache+maskingtape glasses=guaranteed authentically enthusiastic participation by 100 8th graders.
It's weird to think that in England 1665, 'ol Bobby had enough equipment to see cells, but I still can't show my students cells in 2010 because I have yet to find the schools microscopes and when I do find them...not sure they're going to be functioning properly. Oh Mozambique.

No comments:

Post a Comment