Well hey there amigo, I humbly want to say thanks for stoppin by and takin interest in what this girl is doing! While you read, Keep in mind that the ideas and thoughts expressed in this thing are mine and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Peace Corps or the United States government...blah blah blah...go read!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Back to the Chashew Factory!!!

Mozambique won the battle today. I'm not defeated, but I am pretty demoralized.
As a approached an angry crowd of 8th graders outside the school this afternoon, I knew it wasn't going to be good. I heard the words voltar (return) and fazenda (ranch, the nickname for the area outside the old cashew factory in the bush, where I gave classes last year) and immediately ran into the school to find someone who knew what was going on. It's true. I have to move with my 8th graders back out to the fazenda. There are too many kiddos per classroom in the new school, so they are dividing the students into various smaller groups and kicking the lil guys out.
RIP electricity RIP door RIP windows RIP bathrooms RIP not broken chalkboards RIP 5minute walk RIP ocean view RIP not showing up drenched in sweat RIP breeze from 2nd floor

Ok, done complaining. Lets talk about the good in this. I will be walking more. More exercise. Exercise is good. Ooooo, AND I didn't really like the stupidity of thinking we have a good school just because the building is prettier. And this might create a bond of suffering with me and my 8th graders. Bonding is good. And at least they aren't asking me to teach English. Yep, that's it.

Alright that's all for today. Hopefully I get to wake up in a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment